Mainframe MQ Systems Programmer at Ensono
Provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe and Distributed MQ systems.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to MQSeries and related OEM software products.
- Provide primary support for reported problems related to MQSeries and related OEM software products.
- Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
- Follow procedures for installing OEM software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
- Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to MQSeries and related OEM software products.
- Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
- In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
- Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
- Follow ITSM change control procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience on the zSeries (mainframe) platform including “hands on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to MQSeries
- Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of MQSeries installation and tailoring of MQSeries
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of MQ concepts, configuration and tailoring.
- Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of MQ queues.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.