Mainframe Senior System Programmer, Storage at Ensono
As a member of the mainframe Storage team, the responsible individual will work on storage infrastructure administration, configuration, and installation. This encompasses DASD, tape, virtual tape, encryption, and replication for backup and DR capabilities. The associate will perform software and hardware refreshes, customer migrations and daily customer support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide DASD and tape storage administration support for our customers.
- Manage storage pools for multiple customers and LPARs.
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution.
- Create and oversee jobs for daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
- Participate in Data Center migration projects using multiple methodologies.
- Perform data and volume recovery.
- Perform data migrations between storage frames for existing customers.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Interact with account management and with our customers.
- Interact with hardware and software vendors as required.
- Mentor and train Storage team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to analyze performance on DASD and tape subsystems.
- Extensive skills with IBM storage software including IBM Copy Services Manager/Global Mirroring, SMS, HSM, IDCAMS, and DFDSS.
- Experience in preparing and implementing Disaster Recovery plans
- Expert knowledge of catalog structures, LPAR sysplexes, and resource sharing.
- Extensive knowledge of DASD hardware configurations incorporating replication.
- Extensive skills with IBM and Oracle/STK tape hardware and software.
- Extensive skills with CA-1, MIMTape.
- Functional skills with Dell/EMC.
- Functional skills with RMM, TLMS, GRS, Tapecopy, and SMF are highly preferred.