Mainframe Systems Programmer - ZOS/ISV
The Mainframe Systems Programmer will provide support for on-going projects that require the installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, implementation of new/existing ISVs or other 'system' software following established standards. Research and evaluation of new/existing software products, assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution. Monitoring and tuning of ISV software. Functional knowledge, use of z/OS components and detailed knowledge of support products such as tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
- Provide thought leadership within your assigned team and the Business Unit
- Provide Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
- Practices good communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Provide and document problem analysis, resolution and prevention, designing procedures and best practice techniques.
- Proficient in install of ISVs following established procedures.
- Skilled at documenting installation, IVP, and backout procedures.
- Schedule upgrades using standard change management, adhering to installation dates defined, and within client maintenance windows.
- Document research/evaluation of software products.
- Fluent in JCL
- ISV SW upgrades support knowledge. This includes all vendors such has CA, IBM, Compuware, Innovation. Syncsort, IBM TWSz etc…..
- Utilities (IEBGENER/IEBCOPY/AMASPZAP/DFDSS)
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Assembler/Cobol coding
- A large knowledge base on ISV software.