Maintenance & Facility Assistant
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are We are a close-knit team focused on providing an exceptional service experience to our members, while assisting on all on-site operations. You will support our stylists and management team in all sale and operational activities, seeking every opportunity to improve service standards.
What You'll Do
- Maintain overall presentation of Trunk Clubs Chicago Clubhouse
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of the facility is maintained
- Service, repair, and stock restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling throughout facility (to support housekeeping staff).
- Identify cleaning needs of floors, carpets and rugs.
- Set up and break down the space for meetings and events.
- Move or repair tables, chairs, furniture and other heavy items as needed.
- Dust hard to reach lighting fixtures and walls to maintain a clean space at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness of fitting rooms (artwork, furnitures etc.)
- General maintenance- Periodic painting, washing walls, light bulb replacement, etc.
- Maintenance of appliances
- Pick up supplies as needed
- Misc projects
How we work
- With others. Work closely with our customers, sales team and cross-functional teams at Trunk Club.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
Who you are
- Cleaning experience prefered.
- Working knowledge of HVAC and Plumbing repair prefered.
- Basic knowledge of appliance and furniture repair and maintenance.
- You have a flexible schedule and are always on time.
- Ability to work early weekdays, late evenings and some weekends are required.
- Moderate-heavy lifting required (50-75 lbs).
- Ability to stand and walk continuously during shift with work done indoors or outside, as well as in elevated areas anywhere on property
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach above, and push/pull frequently.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, and/or walk for extended periods
- You follow all safety policies and procedures.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
- You are able to complete tasks independently and take initiative.
- You are passionate about cleanliness and visual standards both inside and outside the Club House
- You pay attention to the small details that make a big difference.
- You like working with vendors and outside contractors.
- Computer experience for input and retrieval of data prefered.
- Able to receive direction/coaching
- You have a “What’s next?” attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.