Manager - Applications Specialist Team (Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
The Application Specialist/Implementation Analyst (AS/IA) Manager will mentor and lead a team for the Central region focusing on the delivery of system integration services for CAD/Records/Jail products across the PremierOne and Flex product lines. The AS/IA will be responsible for setting strategic direction and goals for the organization and individuals, supervising delivery and authoring new content for training and customer adoption of MSI solutions, leading change in business process and generally supporting the team in delivering on the project deliverables and revenue.
The AS/IA manager will be responsible for resource scheduling, time card approval, expense report approval, yearly goals, performance management reviews, training and day to day monitoring of the individual team members' performance.
● Working with PMs and RSSDs to schedule resources and resolve conflicts
● Embrace and drive to achieve Regional Goals for revenue, cost, project metrics and other leadership initiatives
● Approve Time Sheets
● Approve Expense reports
● Set and Measure team members performance goals, including resource utilization
● Work with other regions to establish, change and maintain consistent process and procedures across the larger delivery organization
● Provide training/coaching/mentor/counseling of team members
● Perform normal CAD/RMS/Jail AS/IA tasks as assigned
● Ensure the creation of necessary detailed documentation
● Developing training for the team
● Maintain subject matter expertise for the assigned area needed to lead the team
● 5+ years experience with PremierOne and FLEX CAD/RMS/Jail/GIS Applications
● Experience or background in 911 Emergency Communications, Public Safety, Computer Aided Dispatch, Integrated Command and Control, Records Management Systems, Jail management systems, Video Solution, Mobile Computing required
● Bachelors Degree
● Resource Planning and Scheduling
● Leadership/ Training/ Coaching Skills
● Decision Making
● Problem Solving
● Time Management
● Giving and Receiving Feedback
● Business Analysis
● Change Management
The preferred location of the applicant is in the Central US region.
This position involves up to 30-50% travel in support of projects and team activities.
● 5+ years of managerial experience in a high-tech environment
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.