Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for executing various risk management activities and initiatives. Engages collaboratively with business partners to enhance their risk management framework by providing effective challenge and implementing corporate governance programs. Manages a team that integrates programs to increase the businesses-competitive advantage while enabling informed decisions. Supports and enhances risk management activities while working collaboratively with management, internal business partners, and peers.
· Conducts periodic reviews of risk management processes for opportunities to streamline and drive consistency across the organization.
· Ensures that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provides consultation on the design of controls and monitors until execution.
· Provides periodic reporting and presentations to management on risk management activities, demonstrating project status updates, degree of integration with business partners, trend analysis and scorecard results, and progress on outstanding improvement initiatives.
· Partners with business partners on completing required documents and facilitating discussions related to submissions for new initiatives. Ensures business partners comply with guidelines set forth by Corporate Risk in management of Policies, Standards, and Procedures. Provides guidance and support to business partners relative to Third Party Risk Management activities. Provides guidance and support to business partners relative to Records Management activities. Collaborates with business stakeholders and Risk to maintain business compliance with the End-User Computing Policy.
· Manages and develops a team, including delegating tasks, providing training and guidance, translating corporate goals into functional and individual goals, providing coaching, reviewing work and providing constructive feedback, and conducting timely performance evaluations. Assists in managing various components of the training lifecycle.
· Manages the Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) process and provides business partners with guidance to improve and maintain the associated risk and control library.
· Conducts process reviews across first-line departments to ensure efficient and effective controls are implemented to mitigate inherent risks. Assesses business line processes by conducting Risk Assessments to evaluate risk (e.g., operational, legal/compliance, etc.) and control environments.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
· 6+ years of experience in credit card or financial industry, business risk management, corporate risk management, compliance or regulatory industry, internal audit, legal, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Master's Degree Business, Marketing, or related field
· Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
· Certification in Control Self Assessment
· CIPP: Certified Information Privacy Professional
· CAMS: Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
· Certified Internal Auditor
· Lean or Six Sigma
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.