The Team: The Talent & Culture team is the steward of Morningstar’s unique culture. We create opportunity and rewards for our employees to achieve the highest level of productivity. By helping Morningstar employees succeed we contribute to Morningstar’s success.
The Role: We believe that people are our most important asset. Our people—through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn—are essential to the success of our company. Our people seek a strong sense of community at Morningstar and want to make a positive impact on their communities around the world.
We seek a Manager of Community Engagement and Impact that will work with team across the company to programs and policies that will enable our employees to find the engagement and make the impact that they seek. Morningstar seeks someone with a proven record of success developing and directing innovative community impact and employee engagement efforts in alignment with Morningstar’s business objectives.
• Development of global programs and policies that support our communities through financial support, the actions of our employees and our products and research. Programs should deepen engagement amongst Morningstar colleagues and with the community while developing our employees and providing fulfilling experiences;
• Work with the Morningstar Enterprise Sustainability team to develop and maintain guidelines and policies for volunteering, voting, global volunteer day, donation matching program and documentation;
• Work with the Morningstar Enterprise Sustainability team to identify and coordinate global themes for community impact in alignment with our enterprise sustainability strategy and with global frameworks, such as UN SDGs and UN Global Compact;
• Managing community outreach program data and making informed recommendations based on findings;
• Providing support to regional community “champions” and ERG leaders that lead community development initiatives;
• Working with Finance and other teams to improve infrastructure to support charitable giving programs globally to make it easy for employees to give their time, money and talents;
• Maintaining tools and methodologies that help us measure our impact on communities;
• Building and maintain executive support for community programs;
• Building strategic relationships with non-profits;
• Lead efforts to communicate internally and partner with Enterprise Sustainability team to report externally on the community outreach including alignment with UN SDGs, UN Global Compact, and other industry leading frameworks (ex. SASB, TCFD, GRI).
We seek a candidate that has the following experience:
• Providing oversight and operational direction for community outreach and employee engagement programs across multiple countries/cultures;
• Influencing employees by engaging and educating on the elements of corporate responsibility;
• Creating community engagement programs that balance the creation of personal fulfillment and business value;
• Demonstration of increased responsibilities and executive presence to effectively communicate with senior leadership;
• Leveraging and developing relationships to influence decisions made by cross-functional stakeholder groups;
• Using judgment to see the long-term impact of issues/ideas as they relate to strategic initiatives and objectives;
• Managing projects to completion, keeping stakeholders informed, including initiating and maintaining positive work and team relationships with internal clients;
• Creating professional networks, building relationships, organizing and collaborating with individuals at all levels of seniority and lines of the organization.