Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and surpassed $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Manager of Compliance Assurance - Credit Reporting to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance Department.
This leader will report directly to the Director of Compliance Assurance and will be responsible for implementing standardized processes and a centralized governance oversight program, as well as developing a centralized leadership and management function for the credit reporting and dispute handling processes. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Establish a single ownership and Governance office for credit reporting and dispute handling functions.
- Standardize enterprise-wide processes and centralized oversight for the credit reporting and dispute handling process.
- Ensure quality control through centralized oversight and providing of furnished data.
- Ensure quality control through centralized management of customer disputes.
- Analyze and track credit dispute data.
- Work with independent auditors to confirm data quality.
- Ensure all business functions meet FCRA consumer bureau requirements for data access, use, furnishing, and credit disputes.
- Complete a holistic review and assessment of use and furnishing of data.
- Develop and implement internal training, as appropriate.
- Develop reports, which are concise, timely and provide value to business and management to continuously improve the data furnishing and dispute handling processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CRCM certification and/or JD a plus.
- 4+ years experience with consumer credit agencies, data reporting and queries, e-oscar, dispute processes and the regulations and rules surrounding them.
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines.
- Proficiency in root cause analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to proactively identify issues.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators.
- Ability to work well individually, and in team structures.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.