Manager - Customer Experience and Operations Strategy
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Customer Support Operations at Venmo
The Customer Experience and Operations Strategy Manager is responsible for leading the team that will help the Customer Support Operations teams grow efficiently as well as create an amazing servicing experience for our customers. They will heavily rely on data, research, and team feedback to identify the growing needs of the business and help prioritize initiatives to address those needs. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytical and communication skills as well as the desire and ability to drive projects forward by influencing cross-functional leaders.
What You’ll Do
- This role will lead a team of 2-3 Project Managers who are integral to the success of Venmo and serve as a resource to aid their success
- As the owner of Customer Experience strategy initiatives, you will develop and lead a multi-phased customer experience strategy, identifying customer pain points, as well as enhancing the customer experience servicing strategy
- This role will influence cross-functional teams and leadership across the company to ensure that we meet our customers’ needs while helping prioritize the building of new customer-facing experiences and improve underlying processes.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Leadership, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure a smooth translation of customer focussed initiatives into the product roadmap
- Create a persistent focus on improving the customer experience through self-service and innovative solutions
- Drive the organization to improve customer operations for best-in-class customer experience delivery
- Own & implement strategic projects influencing key Customer Support initiatives
- Collaborate across internal teams – product management, engineering, UX design, Risk, operations – to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience (both product changes and operational process improvement)
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects/programs; leading projects through the entire lifecycle from building plans, gaining buy-in across teams, identifying risks, leading key stakeholder communications, to implementing monitors and controls to ensure ongoing performance
- Build analyses to understand activity-based costing of products, services, and enhancements
- Present projects and analyses in an easy-to-understand way to different audiences across different levels of leadership (e.g. compliance, finance, engineering, support, business development, risk, senior management, operations teammates, etc)
- Performance measurement & reporting
- Use data to build insights about business performance throughout Customer Support Operations
- Accountability for metrics related to the customer experience
- Develop progress reporting across functions
- Lead, grow, and evolve a team that is responsible for understanding and enhancing the customer experience
- Evaluate the needs of the overall customer service organization and determine what is needed to be most successful - including a holistic view of all locations/activities (across partners)
- Lead discovery and implementation of innovative customer servicing systems and technology to support our user growth
- Lead customer service strategy relative to self-service, inbound channel optimization, contact routing, and improving efficiency
- Use customer feedback to enable learnings and drive critical corrective actions in order to improve perception and establish customer loyalty
- Build the systems/tools responsible for diving deep into data to get to the root cause for defects affecting customers
- Utilize data to support business cases and decisions
- Work with various teams to define the strategy to enhance the customer experience, including resource allocation, new processes, feature set requirements, and strategy
- Size new opportunities to determine the potential for customer effort reduction as well as CS efficiency
- Perform research to identify product / customer experience gaps
- Work with the product and technology teams to drive innovation aimed at improving the customer experience
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or high-growth technology company
- BA/BS degree or MBA degree preferred
- Experience working with Customer Service and/or Operations Organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make quick decisions in complex environments
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to dig up the evidence you need to make compelling arguments
- Proven track record of owning & executing on large cross-functional initiatives and delivering results
- Financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to leverage analytics to drive sound decision-making
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Experience managing high performing teammates
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Leadership, communications and relationships skills
- Proactive, self-sufficient and shows tremendous initiative
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and laugh!
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!