Manager, Customer Success at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Manager of Customer Success
We are looking for somebody with the experience and the drive to build, manage and scale a best-in-class customer success team! This team interacts directly with our customers to successfully project manage the delivery of branded content products. Your team is a very important part of driving revenue for the organization and ensuring our customers see the expected results of their investment. The CS team is responsible for customer’s usage of the platform and data insights provided. The team works hand in hand with the Account Management team who is responsible for the customer relationship, strategy and renewal. This team are natural project managers who are passionate about creating processes and workflows that ensure the best experience for customers and internal partners.How you’ll contribute
Built In is growing fast and this is an exciting opportunity to build out this department from the ground up. You will be responsible for the following focus areas:
- Manage a team of 5 Customer Success Managers
- Responsible for a revenue target, project management milestones and usage metrics
- You will be responsible for reassessing CSM KPI’s on a quarterly basis when necessary to evolve with the business
- Leverage customer feedback in order to drive product change internally
- Work collaboratively with various departments, including Account Management, Content, Events, Finance and creative freelancers to ensure alignment and timely execution of contract deliverables
- Evaluate and automate processes whenever possible to help scale product delivery and simplify experience for our customers and internal resources
- 5+ Years of Management Experience
- Proven experience leading Customer Success or Account Management teams
- Track record of exceeding adoption targets or revenue targets
- Successfully partnered with a revenue-driven team on shared goals that drive growth and retention goals.
- Experience elevating existing team into an overall stronger department through process improvements, product feedback and people development
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with customers and internal teams
- Proactive focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience and drive to achieve successful customer and business outcomes
- Proven track record of managing projects to successful completion on schedule
- Self-starter who works well under pressure, has great judgment, and knows how to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables to meet tight deadlines
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.