Manager, Customer Success at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic and social opportunities worldwide. Every year, almost $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who prefer the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? That’s the future of work. Come help us build it.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Manager of Customer Success, you will work the day to day operations of product and services offerings including customer education, expansion, and retention for our high value marketplace customers. You will partner cross-functionally to swiftly resolve customer issues to delight our clients every step of the way. As a leader, you’d be responsible for identifying, training and mentoring a group of Success Professionals with a focus on success and retention of our customers. This role reports to our VP of Enterprise Success and is based in Chicago, IL.Your Responsibilities
- Hire and train a team of customer focused reps to provide excellent service to our customers
- Represent and guide the operations of our most savvy users
- Design and execute on the entire post sale process through ongoing monitoring and service of our customer base and contribute to overall customer satisfaction and retention
- Develop plans and strategies for retaining spend and reducing churn within target accounts and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues related to service fulfillment, product issues, freelance management, reporting and billing
- Develop positive working relationships with client engagement managers, internal Upwork teams and freelancers, and advance issues when needed
- Collaborate with the Sales and Operations teams to architect freelancer initiatives and standard operating procedures
- Display strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and focus on team objectives
- 5+ years experience in operations in a post sale environment in either a hyper-growth environment or within the Human Capital Management space
- Experience working with multiple clients and building operational playbooks to ensure service quality and responsiveness for reported issues
- Previously shown your success in expansion, upsells and return of a user
- Intimate knowledge in training your customers through multiple mediums
- Experience in a hyper growth, high energy sales environment that is metrics driven.
- Shown your ability to hold team accountable for daily and weekly numbers.
- Ability to work with your sales leaders to develop the appropriate activity metrics
- You'll create a team environment rooted in emotional intelligence that drives motivation to hit results.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn, adapt, and lead new tasks
- Possess an excitement for data driven insights to allow you and your team to complete a project from planning to full completion
- Strong abilities with Excel, Salesforce and Google Suite and specifically analyzing and creating ad-hoc reports