With a high bar set for outstanding service and a world class reputation, Sprout Customer Support is a key differentiator against our competition. Our Support team is on a mission to lead the market with a best-in-class team, industry leading response times and customer-focused solutions to deliver a seamless, world-class experience to our customers. We need to continue to push our customer centric approach and enable our team for excellence.
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, strategic, and inspiring Support Enablement leader to build and shape programs supporting new hire onboarding, ongoing enablement, quality management, and career development of our global Support teams. This position requires a strong leader with expertise and a proven track record in training and instructional design implementation. You are a strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex issues, apply frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, and efficiently make decisions or take action. You are naturally curious, can delegate and manage projects effectively, and seek accountability by linking programs to key business metrics. You are an effective listener who is able to build trusted relationships. You recognize that a key to success in this role depends on an ability to influence and inspire others to engage and adopt change.
As the Manager, Customer Support Enablement, you are continuously looking for ways to enable the next level of organizational excellence and aspire to see each of your colleagues achieve their goals and career ambitions. You will partner with Support Leadership to identify, prioritize, deliver, and measure support quality and training programs designed to meet and exceed the needs of our growing and evolving Support department and excellence for the customer experience. You will have a growth mindset that drives learning for you and those around you. You will also collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Organizational Development, and Marketing.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Experience leading and developing teams along with effective, scalable quality and training programs
- 3-5 years with focus on Learning and Development in the technology industry
- Experience defining data-driven strategies, driving successful implementation, measuring effectiveness, and presenting results to leadership
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Front-end Customer Support experience
- LMS (Learning Management System) experience
- Project management and JIRA (or other project management tool) experience
- Change management experience is a plus
- Experience supporting globally dispersed teams
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Customer Support to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with the Support Management team.
- Participate in Support Leadership meetings to evaluate and understand needs of the Support department and the leaders you support to ensure organizational alignment and consistency among teams.
- Start developing relationships with partners across the organization, including Sales Leadership, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, organizational Development, and Marketing organizations.
- Become familiar with our Support culture, team, and processes.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Have direct management responsibility for the Support Quality and Training program, start providing mentorship and guidance to the team, and assist them in the execution of their objectives.
- Develop a point of view on the most effective mechanisms for facilitating enablement, project management, and content management.
- Review monthly metrics to discern the highest potential areas of opportunity for global enablement intervention.
- Design a pilot program and outline of a comprehensive support training program with targeted timelines for implementation.
- Effectively prioritize the needs of the business in order of impact and urgency by reviewing the available data and running meetings with department stakeholders.
- Begin developing and facilitating enablement programs based on highest priority and needs identified – which include but are not limited to: support process, new-hire onboarding, product support readiness, communication skills.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Design a quality management framework and system that elevates the Support experience
- Roll out training program that drives improved customer experience, employee engagement, and employee retention to entire support department
- Develop a Support certification program that builds expertise and enables career growth
- Champion organizational change management to help Support team members adopt and manage through change effectively.
- Continue to expand the library of enablement content and skills training.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have complete control over enablement strategy for the Support teams.
- Have a clear view of the impact enablement is having on the business.
- Evolve Support enablement programs for continued growth, achievement and capability among the team.
- Consistently and reliably give and receive feedback with peers.
- Become a model leader in Sprout's Support organization.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.