Manager, Cybersecurity Advisory (Consulting) at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking to hire a Consulting Manager to focus on delivering our Cybersecurity Advisory for Private Equity (CAPE) offering for PE and industry clients, which could include advisory, risk/compliance assessments, threat hunting, and/or strategy & operations. The manager will also work with practice leaders across the firm to set the direction of offerings and solutions within our Cybersecurity Practice. This role will involve leading technical project teams as engagement lead to interview client leadership, gather requirements, create a design, and implement security remediation solutions. The manager will typically collaborate with a team of consultants working to complete a project that aligns with their client’s private equity, M&A, and/or security risk/compliance objectives.
- Provide strategic cybersecurity advisory, due diligence, and consulting services for enterprise clients, ranging from policy definition to implementation, adoption, and enforcement
- Develop implementation strategies and roadmaps to help our clients achieve PCI and/or HIPAA compliance
- Perform cybersecurity due diligence for M&A activity across a variety of industries – Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, etc. – as well as for PE firm portfolios
- Actively deliver our CAPE program/offering – Cybersecurity Advisory for Private Equity – to provide ongoing visibility into security practices and risks across a PE firm’s portfolio
- Develop current state review of existing organization, processes, and technologies to deliver key findings and recommendations
- Implement, configure, and deploy security-related technologies/processes such as SIEM, IAM, IDS/IPS, DLP, Digital Rights Management, Network Access Control, etc.
- Manage client relationships and meet with clients to determine business and functional requirements
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals including detailed work plans and cost estimates
- Contribute to the business development process at existing clients, looking for additional opportunities for West Monroe solutions
- Promote thought leadership in emerging technologies; from partnerships to go-to-market offerings and strategy, to design and implementation
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local and greater consulting, cybersecurity, and broader tech communities
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 6-10+ years of professional IT or tech consulting experience focused on cybersecurity
- Experience working in compliance/privacy (PCI, HIPAA, SOC, GDPR) and/or performing security assessment work leveraging NIST framework
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives
- Experience in leading and delivering end-to-end solutions, which could include strategy, design, development, testing and training, and/or implementation
- Understanding of high-level application, database, and network security principles for risk identification, mitigation, and analysis
- Experience with cybersecurity architectural roadmaps, sub-domain strategies, product roadmaps and standards
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.