Manager - Energy & Utilties - ITSM
Manager - Energy & Utilties - ITSM
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a talented Manager to join our Energy & Utility practice in Chicago.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Manager is responsible for providing the means to measure and improve Information Technology (IT) performance, by ensuring the alignment of Business Strategy with Business Outcomes. Facilitate the effectiveness of current state process frameworks (i.e. BRM, ITIL, Lean, etc.) processes to ensure that there is a fact-based holistic view of all Business requirements IT performance.
Along with members of our Client’s senior leadership team strategic partner, this position leads the integration of various ITSM process frameworks within the IT Service Management tool and to ensure the adherence of these processes across the environment. This includes the implementation, delivery, monitoring, continuous improvement, and communication of ITSM specific processes across the environment.
Provide advice and recommendations, based on expertise and experience, to address client needs. May deal with one specialist subject area, or can be wide ranging and address strategic business issues. May also include support for the implementation of any agreed solutions.
* Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
* Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
* Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
* Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
Business Process Improvement-40%
Identification of new and alternative approaches to performing business activities. The analysis of business processes, including recognition of the potential for automation of the processes, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, management of change, and assistance with implementation. May include the implementation of a process management capability/discipline at the enterprise level.
* Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches.
* Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program.
* Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
Teaching & Subject Formation-20%
The specification, design, development, delivery and assessment of ITSM specific curricula at any level of the education system from primary through to tertiary (all age ranges) and in the workplace. The topics addressed are those of the fundamental and more advanced areas of ITSM and the common skills needed to make productive IT professionals and competent Business Users of IT based services.
* Develops and delivers ITSM curricula either in a formal educational context from primary through to tertiary level or in the workplace.
* Specializes in delivering ITSM education at the relevant educational level.
* Is aware of the techniques and methods used to evaluate and critique research in computing and IT education and applies good practice in learning content design, development and delivery.
* Must have “X” years or more experience in IT Service Management (ITSM) positions.
* At least “X” years in a leadership role
* Experience with and significant knowledge of the ITIL Service Strategy & Continual Service Improvement lifecycles
* Experience with and significant knowledge of one or more of the following IT Service Management frameworks (i.e. Business Relationship Management, COBIT, Lean IT, Lean Six Sigma, Scrum, etc.)
* Proven expertise in and significant experience with a managed services environment, strong knowledge of all aspects of the IT functional areas, Project Management experience, and business systems and process planning experience.
* Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
* Certified ITIL Practitioner, ITIL Expert preferred
* Certifications with one or more of the following ITSM frameworks (i.e. BRM, COBIT, Lean IT, Lean Six Sigma, Scrum, etc.)
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.