Manager, Enterprise Customer Success
Sprout Social is seeking a talented Manager to oversee our team of Enterprise Customer Success Managers. The Manager of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success team that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software. The Manager will lead this team across a portfolio of assigned enterprise accounts and be responsible for achieving churn quotas, hiring and developing, directly engaging with customers, and collaborating with other teams across Sprout Social.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in sales and customer relations/account management. Candidate must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Manager of Customer Success draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, evaluating workflow processes and working with various operational tool sets. This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Customer Success.
As Manager of Customer Success at Sprout Social, you are part of a Customer Success team that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 20,000 brands around the world. Companies like Dropbox, Vice News, Hyatt, and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their audience through social media. We pride ourselves by being the primary point of contact for all of our customers and are dedicated to providing personalized experiences to each and every brand.
- Lead a team of Enterprise Customer Success Managers and ensure productivity, quality, and professional growth
- Ensure future lifetime value through product adoption, customer satisfaction, development of new sales opportunities and reduction in churn
- Establish clearly defined team and individual performance goals and communicate those to team members through 1-on-1 meetings and performance planning/review sessions
- Develop, implement and review reports and tools to track performance and trends in order to provide recommendations on changes and improvements
- Participate in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments, and collaboration opportunities with other business units
- Consistently bring creative ideas and solutions to the team on how to improve our customer service and sales goals
- Create a positive and fun environment for the Success/Account Management team
- Address and handle customer escalations promptly and professionally
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in leading customer-facing teams
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Background of post-sale and sales experience with consistent track record of exceeding sales and/or retention quotas
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!