As the Events Manager at Sprout, you will play a vital role in shaping, delivering, and measuring events that contribute to the growth and culture of the company. You have a passion for events, the power they have to communicate, and a strong eye for the details that make them unforgettable. You understand how to shape events to raise brand awareness, foster customer loyalty and build company culture, and considerable experience with event strategy, management, creative planning and logistics that combine to bring them to life. You find value and satisfaction in participating in all aspects of events, with the day-to-day including a combination of strategy, team/partner management, and logistical activation.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Events and Event Strategist to create and implement experiences for customers, prospects, and employees. You will build brand visibility through hosted, partner and sponsored events that highlight creative, innovative, and forward thinking Sprout culture and products. You will oversee conference sponsorship and participation including research, logistics, value-add opportunities, follow-up, and measurement. Correlated travel is required.
The candidate we seek also has prior experience managing a team. While you should be excited about working with our business partners and solving problems with your strategic abilities, we want you to be equally excited about one-on-one mentorship and the career development of your direct reports.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The events you create will help build our brand visibility and influence customer growth.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Gain an understanding of the Sprout’s marketing roadmap and Agile processes
- Meet your teammates in the events, marketing, sales, and operations teams to understand the process for how we prioritize, plan, partner, and measure events.
- Understand Sprout’s event history, as well as current event goals, core principles of guest experiences and your role in bringing them to life.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Fully integrate yourself into the Events Team and with the Sprout event experience by assisting in Sprout marketing & employee events.
- Drive plans for implementing late 2019 events while beginning 2020 event research.
- Solidify relationships, expectations, and responsibilities with direct reports and internal partners.
- Master the tech tools, processes, and reporting dashboards Sprout’s event, marketing and sales teams uses to make it all happen.
- Confidently speak to Sprout event and marketing metrics and the role events play in achieving company goals.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Help lead an exceptional week of 2020 kickoff events for Sprout employees
- Fully understand Sprout’s multiple audiences, the role events play in connecting with them, and identify event opportunities to do just that in 2020.
- Identify efficiencies in event processes to help deliver on an aggressive 2020 event goals.
- Regularly represent events with partners in the sales and marketing teams to ensure alignment, partnership, and continued education.
- Work with the Director of Events to define your career goals and formulate a plan to make progress towards them.
- Work with the Event Strategist on their career goals and formulate a plan to make progress towards them.
- Reach a level in executing work that requires little or no direction from the Director of Events.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be a trusted source for event ideation, execution and measurement that deliver on Sprout’s event expectations and goals.
- Manage a team of freelancers to help maximize the impact of the team and deliver on aggressive event goals.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!