What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Leads the Fresh Operations team responsible for partnering with Fresh Sourcing Leadership to drive initiatives and support processes impacting multiple Fresh Departments. This includes (1) designing & facilitating an organized and collaborative Spot Buy process, (2) driving data-rich discovery efforts, (3) leading functional training preparation and delivery, & (4) supporting Fresh assortment and spec harmonization efforts.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Lead a team responsible for developing robust ways of working among Fresh Category, Suppliers, and Fresh Sourcing to facilitate Spot Buys across all ADUSA brands and leverage size and scale to optimize costs.
- Lead a team responsible for driving data-rich discovery to develop a playbook in support of planned Sourcing events. Data sources include (but not limited to) IRI, Range Me, category trends, brand strategy, payment terms, sustainable packaging opportunity, etc. The information should optimally inform the sourcing event and allow the Sourcing teams to accelerate event timing and duration while optimizing outcomes.
- Lead a team responsible for supporting Fresh assortment and spec harmonization efforts.
- Accountable for leading and developing Fresh Operations team members.
- Hires, trains, & develops Fresh Operations team members.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 6+ years of related Sourcing, Negotiating, Category, & vendor management experience (preferred). 2+ years demonstrated success leading people/teams (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Project Management/Facilitation.
- Change Management.
- Presentation skills (both developing & delivering).
- Demonstrated facilitation skills over multiple media types (video conferences, TEAMS, Skype, conference calls, in-person meetings, etc.) with varying size groups (typically 5-25).
- Mastery of Microsoft suite, Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal and written), Ability to interpret and react to syndicated data reports (e.g. IRI, etc.), Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conflict management skills & general knowledge of industry and suppliers.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.