Responsible for the development, implementation and testing of IT controls (automated, interfaces, and General IT Controls) to ensure compliance with financial control requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). Oversees the Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) program for legacy systems (excluding SAP), ensuring any issues are addressed and remediated timely. Makes recommendations to enhance the IT control environment and remediate identified deficiencies, working collaboratively with business process counterparts and the external audit team. Supports key company initiatives from an IT compliance perspective to ensure the right systematic controls are built within the project/processes and aligned to the overall framework. Provides consultation and interpretation of IT-related compliance standards.
• Engages collaboratively within the Control teams and with the business to assess and maintain SOX compliance related to IT controls.
• Coordinates globally with divisional teams that implement the CCM program.
• Supports sessions to discuss testing procedures and findings with process owners for IT controls (ITGCs, interfaces, segregation of duties, system and organization controls). Partners with process owners to develop remediation plans to address deficiencies arising from the testing process. Oversees the implementation of identified remediation tactics.
• Works collaboratively with external auditors to ensure a effective annual audit.
• Maintains the global scope of IT assets, controls, control owners, risks, etc. to facilitate the annual SOX testing.
• Monitors IT processes to ensure changes (e.g. process changes, updates to regulations and standards) impacting the IT SOX environment are appropriately identified and assessed.
• Provides project management to specific elements of the Walgreens IT SOX Compliance program by creating and tracking the completion of tasks.
• Identifies developmental needs of members assigned to project teams and develops suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in IT SOX, IT Audit, IT Compliance, or Information Security OR high school diploma/ GED and at least 5 years of experience in IT SOX, IT Audit, IT Compliance, or Information Security.
Experience developing and managing IT security, IT risk, and IT compliance programs and teams.
Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
Experience in assessing compliance with SOX.
At least one year of experience of direct or cross-functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (domestically and internationally).
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or Computer Science and at least 5 (five) years of experience in IT SOX, IT Audit, IT Compliance, and/or Information Security.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Audit or Compliance experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or distribution industry