At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is hiring a Manager with prior consulting project management experience to join our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice. Our team assists payers, providers, and pharmaceutical companies in uncovering opportunities, developing clear roadmaps, and working toward improved outcomes. We depend on our highly skilled consultants to drive growth – in our clients’ companies and in their own careers.
What will you be doing?
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and Finance management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Understand underlying relevant technologies to be able to direct the design, development, testing, and implementation of a technical project
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine inter-dependencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
- Review project deliverables for completeness and appropriateness
- Review risks and mitigation plan on a regular basis
- Serve as the central point of communication with client and stakeholders
- Identify team strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create more effective consultants
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Drive the development/enhancement of the Healthcare Practice methodologies and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and manage other consultants by providing professional guidance
- Actively monitor employee development, performance management, and training; address employee engagement issues; engage office/practice leaders and human resources as appropriate
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
- Participate in key client relationships and growing those accounts
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Prior consulting project leadership experience
- 7 + years of hands-on experience as a project manager leading business and technology strategy projects and full life-cycle software implementation projects
- Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation, custom design and development, database design, and data management
- Experience with healthcare-specific systems a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
- Ability to travel 60%+
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.