Manager, Identity and Access (IAM) at Paylocity (Remote)
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Identity and Access (IAM) Manager is part of the Information Security organization. This role will lead our Identity program and work with our IT functions to define the future vision for initiatives like onboarding, identity lifecycle management/governance, and privileged access management. They will work with existing members of the IAM team and will get to expand this team commensurately with the needs of the program.
This position will also work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to execute Paylocity's corporate-wide security initiatives. The manager in this key role will also ensure that Paylocity's security operations processes are functioning effectively and will oversee operations metrics.
Location: 100% Remote
Reports To: Senior Director of Information Security
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review our current IAM program to better understand operating and staffing models
- Work with our IAM Architect to develop tactical short-term program goals, as well as high-level strategic goals across the next several years
- Oversee our in-flight IAM projects and develop routines and templates to accurately reflect progress
- Gain operational control over a suite of modern security products that are tasked with identity lifecycle management, user access reviews, and privileged access management
- Lead our efforts to complete in-flight implementation projects for new IAM tools
- Work closely with our product teams to understand our customer user access model and to suggest key improvements
- Work with our IT Compliance team to help ensure robust records are kept at all levels for system activity
- Provide key inputs into our security group's annual budget and roadmap
- Present to C-level executives in our monthly Information Security Steering Committee
- Collaborate with other areas of information security and product teams to ensure that security requirements are met
- Provide our executive leadership team with timely updates to ensure awareness of security risks
- Solve complex identity problems and offer recommendations to drive change and deliver results
- Oversee a team of engineers to write IAM connectors for custom applications where native connectors aren't available
- Provide mentorship and performance feedback to a high-functioning team of IAM professionals
- Provide input on emerging threats to executives to update our corporate risk analysis
- At least 7 years of experience in an IAM role
- At least 2-3 years managing an IAM team
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for computer science, information security, management information systems, or related major
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess business acumen and technical expertise to create a big-picture vision and has the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.