Manager Information Technology, Info Sys
The Manager of IT will be responsible for leading the implementation, operations, and day-to-day stability of client infrastructure, servers, appliances and all other related technologies – virtual or physical, and cloud. The Manager will oversee team(s) of Operations Engineers, and collaborate with other support teams in Platform Engineering, Product Engineering, Information Security to deliver service to Ensono clients. The Manager of IT will be responsible for cross-functional collaboration and communication to effectively identify areas where automation can create efficiencies, process improvement, cost savings, resource optimization. This role also requires high level of curiosity and creativity to work around complex technical & business challenges.
- Drive operational excellence through process improvement and automation.
- Matrix manage global resources and be a key influencer.
- Implement and report metrics demonstrating the value add to the business and end user community.
- Own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members.
- Provide both technical and ‘soft skill’ mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, well-balanced team. This includes project management, quality audits, and coordination of training sessions as well as day-to-day oversight of the team.
- Ensure company ITSM process are being followed.
- Responsible for infrastructure project deliverables.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to staff.
- Create and draft reports for presentations, weekly/monthly status, outage reports, and continued development of staff.
- Experience working within an IT Operations environment
- 3 - 5 years of management experience in related field
- Strong background in developing and programming
- Experience in Linux/Unix/Windows/VMWare/Cloud/Network Administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with LINUX and UNIX operating systems
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail
- Ability to effectively coordinate and lead internal resources to accomplish key milestones
- Must have basic skills in project management; project planning, task identification, scheduling, budgeting, and resource planning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver informative and well-organized presentations
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and leadership skills with ability to work and build relationships across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to learn quickly
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Knowledge of ITIL and process models
- RHEL Certifications
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- Travel to client and various Ensono locations will be infrequent, estimate that approximately 5% of weeks will involve travel
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.