Manager, IT Operations
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The IT Operations Manager oversees the majority of our back-end IT functions on a day-to-day basis. They collaborate with other IT & Departmental leaders to keep GTI moving quickly & communicating effectively. This is a true greenfield project and will include building a great deal of tools and programs from scratch. Essentially: you get to build cool stuff with cool people. This position serves as our The IT Operations Manager will also manage a small team of System Administrators & IT Specialists.
- Manage and supporting and maintaining Microsoft windows environment, MS Office, Messaging, Office 365, Sharepoint, etc
- Partner with IT Manager and VP of IT to assess business needs and technical solutions
- Ensure and maintain IT operations transparency and integrity
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes
- Builds and maintains relationships with local business stakeholders and Internal customers. Act as the local IT Account Manager
- Provides oversight for the operations and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, and provides input to the VP of Technology as well as to peer direct reports responsible for other aspects of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in IT roles with progressive responsibility
- 2+ years managing an IT Team
- Extensive server management experience in a Microsoft environment
- Experience with these processes and/or concepts: Continuous integration, SDLC, DevOps, Pipelines, Incident Management
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description