Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Laboratory Manager to manage the daily operations of the pre-analytical workflow in our high volume laboratory.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times in a clinical laboratory
- Oversee all laboratory activity and participate in completion of daily activities as necessary
- Ensure high quality processing for all samples within the pre-analytical workflows
- Responsible for workflow KPIs
- Oversee safety within the laboratory and ensure all safety protocols are followed
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the lab, including CAP, CLIA, OSHA, etc
- Keep standard operating procedures up to date and monitor deviations
- Lead team of supervisors and mentor junior staff
- Provides technical direction and guidance to laboratory employees
- Develop and implement workflows for new assays
- Evaluates training program and the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis
- Review quality incidents and deviations and perform continuous improvement
- MS or BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 7 years of applicable experience
- Experience supervising others in a CLIA/CAP laboratory
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail