Manager, Life Sciences Commercial Operations at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Tempus’ companion diagnostic strategy alongside R&D, Bioinformatics, Regulatory and Quality teams; this includes deep understanding of analytical and clinical validation studies and plans
- Assess drug assets at Pharma companies that could be a fit for a partnership with Tempus including reviewing pipelines in detail and understanding the science behind the assets
- Determine how Tempus’ proprietary data platform can be leveraged to support Pharma in their drug development
- Act as the subject matter expert on Tempus and our companion diagnostic and sequencing business, including Tempus’ next generation sequencing workflow, QC results, and laboratory activities, in customer calls
- Develop proposals, contracts, and client presentations to support new deals with biopharma customers in sequencing and companion diagnostics
- Work with Tempus leadership to determine the strategy and path forward for new product offerings to Life Sciences companies out of our lab
- Conduct market intelligence and due diligence to understand competitive offerings and pricing models
- Talk deeply with customers about our regulatory status, including CAP, CLIA, NYS, ISO13485, FDA, etc.
- Help establish strategic external IVD partnerships to deliver diagnostic solutions to biopharma partners
- Act as a contract lead for CDx related agreements and as initial point of contact for questions from CDx partners around issue escalations related to contracts
- 4+ years working in the healthcare industry; pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Customer-facing experience and ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Advanced degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics or Cancer Genetics, Bioengineering, or related field
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques and an understanding of the practices and principles of NGS, including DNA-seq and RNA-seq
- Organized and able to balance competing priorities and communicate effectively through multiple channels
- Self-starter with proven ability to work autonomously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel
- Success working across multi-disciplinary teams