Manager, Network Optimization
Browse the Aisles
This role leads the development of the modeling and analysis required to strategically implement a robust and continually evolving omni-channel network at PDL. The development of store-based picking and same day delivery merging with the existing PDL logistics network requires detailed modeling and simulation to drive intelligent network design. This role is critical in ensuring ample capacity and delivery speed for a strong customer proposition; while maintaining an optimal cost structure.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Primary duty is to run network modeling/design simulations to guide the development of a complete omni-channel network at Peapod/Ahold Delhaize
- Utilizing network modeling software determine the optimized location, order capacity and connectivity between distribution points working with the Planning & Network Expansion team
- Support the Planning & Network Expansion team to continuously optimize the distribution network, determine construction sequencing and logistics channel prioritization
- Continuously improve the network design from a tactical standpoint to increase order velocity, capacity and overall customer satisfaction
- Continuously advance the logistics network modeling software through enhancement releases or RFP to source replacement or complementary packages. Primary super-user and owner of the modeling software.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Sciences or Mathematics
- 8+ years working in distribution, last mile logistics, home delivery or field service operations Strong experience focused on network modeling for a rapidly growing business
- Extensive experience working with network design/optimization software ie LlamaSoft, JDA, Quintiq
- Specialized knowledge of route optimization practices for last mile delivery or field service operations
- Extensive use of route optimization software such as RoadNet, Descartes, Cheetah, etc. Strong SQL, Excel, MS Access skills to inject Peapod data into modeling software
- Knowledge of the dynamic and rapidly changing last mile e-commerce space including omni-channel and crowd-sourced delivery models
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong presentation creation skills including ability to perform advanced work with mapping software, PowerPoint and graphical charts
- After initial guidance, a strong self-starter with ability to focus deeply on a complex problem set while creating a clear output of work
- Ability to work with large sets of data, injecting into modeling software or run standalone analyses
- Strong ability to translate modeling software output into a clear actionable recommendation for the Planning & Network Expansion team to execute
- Strong ability to understand micro details of modeling inputs but also pull up to the macro level in order to make optimized network recommendations/plans
- Ability to present-out on recommendations after modeling/analysis, then return back and tweak model to input alterations from wider audience
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Licenses & Certifications