Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Operations Platform Strategy team, responsible for owning and managing the platforms that support our operations, including telephony, IVR, email, SMS, messaging, and more. You and your team will work with state-of-the-art cloud-based platforms to develop an operating environment that promotes scale, efficiency, and best-in-class customer service. You will be responsible for defining the platform roadmap, sourcing new vendors as necessary, developing enhancements, and supporting our strategic initiatives. We are looking for a hands-on candidate who takes ownership, can effectively lead all aspects of the development lifecycle, and can set a vision for our operations technology platforms that continues to drive the business forward and create a strategic advantage for the business.
What you do at Avant
- Build out the state of the art technology and tools to support our operations, drive efficiency, and deliver best in class customer service
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and business partners to ensure alignment of strategic objectives
- Manage the entire platform lifecycle from strategy to execution
- Create and own platform roadmap
- Prioritize and manage the pipeline of enhancements, operating in an agile environment
- Gather business requirements by working with cross-functional teams
- Define, monitor, and analyze key metrics to evaluate return on investment and assess platform performance
- Track progress, evaluate risks, and communicate program health to stakeholders
- Understand and assess the capabilities of alternative products in the market and onboard new vendors as appropriate
- Lead a team of Operations Strategy Analysts to achieve your objectives
Why you are a fit
- 5+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience
- BA/BS in business, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- Proven capability of executing various data-driven projects
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, and strong desire to develop new skill sets.
- Experience constructing and scaling processes and technology solutions within an operations and customer service environment
- Experience with the agile development methodology preferred
- MBA or Six Sigma experience preferred
- SQL proficiency preferred
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.