About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
As a Manager in Restaurant Fulfillment, you will report directly to the Restaurant Fulfillment Sr. Manager and will be responsible for approximately 10 direct reports and a Team Lead, who manages 7-10 direct reports. Together, you will oversee the daily workflow and manage the performance of approximately 20 Restaurant Fulfillment Specialists, who are responsible for activating and onboarding new restaurants onto the Grubhub platform.
- Train, coach, motivate, and manage a team of Restaurant Fulfillment specialists and a Team Lead to achieve business goals and individual results
- Work closely with the Restaurant Fulfillment leadership team to manage projects and internal workflows to hit targets
- Adjust the team’s process/workflow as needed based on upcoming significant impacts/changes communicated
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies with processes, tools, product offerings, and employee development
- Develop effective coaching strategies and content for team and department meetings
- Encourage transparency and align broader company initiatives with department goals
- Coordinate with the Restaurant Network leadership team and work cross-functionally to ensure proper communication and alignment across teams
- Assist the Restaurant Fulfillment leadership team with proactive identification of staff changes based on KPI issues and/or expected attrition
- Act as a respected leader while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Develop clear expectations and instill accountability for employees across all aspects of their performance
- Maintain a fun culture and professional environment, aligned with Grubhub values
- Work both independently and collaboratively with direct reports, colleagues, and cross-functional business partners
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and solutions to problems
- Take on projects as needed by the Restaurant Network
- Contribute to the fulfillment strategy as it relates to the department as a whole
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in logistics or operations
- At least 2+ years of experience managing a team that is responsible to achieve quantitative metrics
- Have a coach’s mentality: you love helping others succeed and strive at pushing your team to its fullest potential
- Experience in developing processes, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail, while remaining organized
- Possess an analytical, data driven mindset
- Experience working in a metrics/data-driven environment
- Have a deep interest and enthusiasm to work for a rapidly evolving company
- Experience working in fast paced,, frequently changing environment
- Experience analyzing metrics and using them to improve performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple internal groups
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus and ability to create reports in Salesforce.com is preferred
- Able to use mathematical functions, create charts and pivots tables in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience working with clients is preferred
- Experience in sales or customer success /account management with a proven track record of success is preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.