Manager, Provider Experience at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Manager of Provider Experience will be responsible for a market of neighborhood clinics and will help us drive performance across our quality, coding, and scribe programs.
Integral to our Product Development team, the Manager of Provider Experience will be based at our HQ in Chicago and will bring a population health operations background, along with data analytics, coding and vendor management expertise. The role is integral to driving best in class performance and providing operational support in new VillageMD markets.
What are some examples of responsibilities you will hold as Manager of Provider Experience at VillageMD?
- Oversee value-based care operations, especially coding and care operations for an assigned market
- Develop and maintain workstreams across dedicated team of resources to meet organizational goals
- Provide day to day operational and analytical support for market of providers
- Conduct quality review to ensure performance targets met and maintained
- Function as an expert in clinical coding, quality and chart documentation
- Management of key vendor relationship
- Coach, facilitate, mentor and participate in the work of the team
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
What will make you successful here?
- You have a propensity for personal production and are a self-starter
- You have a track record of results associated with your direct participation
- You have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You have a strong work ethic that lends to building successful relationships with providers
- You are accomplished at distilling complex, technical information to providers at an operational level to effect change
- You have managed matrixed relationships and service line performance to P&L owners
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Leverage analytics to share key insights on prioritization, performance and monitoring
- Set performance targets and address needed improvement with vendor, team members and providers as needed
- Develop plans and materials that support the educational and training needs of the medical practice by collaborating with internal departments
- Work with market operators to suggest best practices for operationalizing coding, quality and care workflows
- Conduct individual and group education sessions on proper coding and documentation workflow management
- Develop and maintain provider specific coding and documentation rules
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 5+ years of project management and operations experience within the Healthcare industry
- Leadership experience; including vendor management and management of a cross-functional team
- Proven analytical and operational acumen with the ability to leverage large data sets to formulate operational strategies
- Experience with partnering and building relationships with providers and executive level leadership to drive transformation and change management initiatives
- Strong risk adjustment coding and clinical quality knowledge
- Ability to distill CMS regulation updates and operationalize to reach company goals
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.