Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to oversee Home Chef’s presence in 2000+ Kroger stores, ensuring effective execution at a store level and strong relationships with division-level Kroger counterparts.
This role will oversee three primary groups of relationships for the retail team: (1) 21 division merchandisers representing each of the major geographic units of Kroger, (2) retail operations/e-commerce managers overseeing pickup/delivery operations, (3) field teams for Empire Marketing Strategies, a broker supporting in-store operations. Additional partnerships including Kroger’s General Office and additional business partnerships (e.g, planogram mapping teams, Murray’s Cheese, Field Agent) may be added over time. Overall success in this role will be measured by effective execution at a store level and strong relationships with key business partners representing Home Chef on the ground level at Kroger stores.
Successful candidates will be strong relationship builders, detail oriented, and able to understand complex operational processes but convey them in simple terms. This role will have 2-3 associate-level direct reports who will be responsible for detailed coordination with business partners and execution of various initiatives.
- Responsibility Area: Division coordination
- Develop division communications for Home Chef-led initiatives (e.g, new product rollouts); prepare “sell sheets” or other communication materials needed for rollout
- Coordinate with General Office to align on communication channels for messaging from Home Chef teamServe as 1st path of escalation for inbound division concerns; connect regularly with division merchandisers to build relationships and ensure that Kroger divisions understand how best to execute Home Chef programs
- Evaluate communication channels & processes and inbound feedback to identify ways to continuously improve Home Chef’s relationship with Kroger stores
- Responsibility Area: In-store execution
- Manage Home Chef’s relationship with Empire field teams to ensure that product is set up effectively at stores
- Conduct enterprise audits of in-store execution, identify priority areas of execution improvement (e.g, signage, merchandising), and ensure that improvements are executed
- Test & learn on various merchandising configurations and placements in the store to increase revenue on Home Chef products
- Manage team member supporting item setup to ensure that Home Chef items are properly configured in Kroger systems
- Responsibility Area: Pickup/delivery
- Develop & maintain dashboards of pickup/delivery fill ratesIdentify potential root causes of low pickup/delivery fill rates; work with Kroger’s retail operations and Home Chef’s forecasting teams on potential solutions
- Test & learn on best approaches to maintain high fill rates without increasing shrink levels
- Oversee team member executing on pickup/delivery item setup; ensure quality control of item setup to ensure that product offering online matching the offering in store
- Responsibility Area: Planogram development/space management
- Develop execution planograms for Home Chef space based on various configurations of potential product offerings and merchandising models; identify best way to communicate to Kroger stores
- Support Home Chef’s role in Kroger’s KOMPASS process to map and align overall deli departments to planograms
- Coordinate with category managers to migrate Home Chef products into other areas of the deli as required, based on results of Kroger category review process
- This position will require 25-50% travel once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 2+ years of experience; leadership experience preferred
- Strong relationship builder -- able to build and maintain enthusiasm for Home Chef; someone who can be “face of the company” to partners who represent Home Chef in stores
- Detail-oriented, able to understand nuances of detailed processes
- Works efficiently -- able to identify systems & processes to collect information across thousands of store with constrained bandwidth; works hard but also works smart
- Retail experience or strong process background preferredMS Office (Excel, Powerpoint), Google Suite (Sheets, Slides) basic proficiency
- Completion of 4-year degree
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here