Manager, Risk Operations (Fraud) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a company that provides consumer financial products, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud. As the Manager, Risk Operations (Fraud) you will play a significant leadership role, being responsible for the next phase of Affirm’s international growth and expansion. This position will report to the Senior Director of Risk Operations in Affirm.
The Manager, Risk Operations (Fraud) will own the disputes function in support of Affirm’s US business, informing and operationalizing fraud strategies, partnering across the company to build out fraud capabilities on a global scale, and owning the team in day to day operational execution. The leader will be responsible for working cross functionally for mitigating fraud loss, efficiently scaling the fraud operations team, prioritizing customer outcomes, and improving tooling and reporting, while ensuring that Affirm’s brand and values are represented.What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Analysts for dispute resolution, compliance, adherence and fraud detection;
- Developing, executing and monitoring action plans to address and optimize customer unauthorized loan disputes
- Managing direct reports on fraud best practices and career development; researching and resolving risk events stemming from process breakdowns
- Providing research support on a variety of investigations; and providing support on company initiatives to ensure requirements from fraud risks are addressed.
- Partners with all business stakeholders, internal and external, to build and operationalize fraud tooling, investigation, recoveries and disputes processes on a global platform
- Develop and own reporting, OKRs and KPIs for the international fraud operations team
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to develop and implement strategy changes
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in Fraud, Disputes and Chargebacks
- 3+ years of people management experience
- A strong team leader with a focus on employee engagement and empowerment
- Proven experience driving robust outcomes in fraud operational performance through strategy evolution, technology, and data driven insights
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organization
- Ability to structure unstructured problems with a proven ability to “find a way”
Location - Remote Canada
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.