Manager of Sales Operations at CityBase
Manager of Sales Operations
Do you have an interest in helping local government reinvent their user experience? At, CityBase, we’re a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, singularly focused on creating a platform and products for local governments. We work with more than 100 government agencies, including 8 of the top 20 cities in the US, and utilities driving improved customer service, more efficient operations, and better data. In other words, we’re making govtech cool, and are looking for smart, self-starting people to help define that next generation. Our clients include the City of Chicago, where we’re bringing all payments online and vastly increasing in-person payments options; the City of San Francisco, where we’re improving the user experience of digital payments and automating much of the funding process; and the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County, where we have evolved the City-County website, Indy.gov, into a digital city hall. We are also working with several other top cities, such as the City-County of Denver, City of Austin, and New York City.
In support for our rapid growth, we are looking for a Manager of Sales Operations to partner with key leadership in running and in improving all aspects of our Sales Operations and Sales Enablement to ensure that CityBase continues to scale efficiently and effectively. The position reports directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing and is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Chicago, IL.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth technology organization during prime growth mode.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Track and manage the performance of the sales organization using dashboards and reports in SFDC and other tools available for performance measurement. Use data to determine go-forward strategies for success and to influence behavior across the team.
- Orchestrate and facilitate weekly forecast and pipeline reviews. Drive forecast accuracy and predictability against bookings targets through improved sales process, system enhancements and total transparency with executive management.
- Automate the tracking and decision-making capabilities relating to Pipeline development and account and territory management.
- Help refine and maintain sales territories and provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing teams and with Sales Management to understand quarterly goals and plans to accomplish them. Ensure that sales management is engaged appropriately in meetings tracking quarterly success with Marketing.
- Support lead generation process in Pardot and SFDC by working collaboratively with Marketing and Business Development teams
- Identify, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will deliver rapid growth & superior execution.
- Proactively identify, resolve or seek assistance utilizing a collaborative approach to overcome challenges before escalation and drive new and innovative ideas into the business.
- Lead the development, approval and implementation of our sales compensation plans including alignment with Finance.
- Facilitate the annual planning and quota allocation process.
- Deal Desk management, including contracts, pricing, non-standard deal evaluation and approval process.
- Oversee and advance the Sales Enablement and Training strategy including sales kick-off, new employee on-boarding, and regular sales training. The goal of these programs should be to enable current reps to access all available resources to close deals and to create a shorter time to value for newly hired reps.
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, sales event planning and logistics, team meeting planning, and all other execution activities for sales kick-off, quarterly business reviews, new hire sales training and other ad hoc Sales Enablement and training events.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, Finance and Services to ensure strong alignment with Sales in go-to-market strategy.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales operations or equivalent function with significant exposure to sales teams. Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Experience using SFDC
- Deep understanding of SaaS, subscription, and other revenue models.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands.
- A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness.
- Experience building and leading teams
- Previous experience working with cites, states, counties or utilities a plus!
At CityBase, we’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy including:
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible spending account, dependent flexible spending account, and a pre-tax commuter program
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Paid Parental leave
- We offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with a pool table, a ping pong tables, casual seating and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.