Manager, Security Incident Response (Remote) at Paylocity
In this role, you will lead the incident response information security team building and improving our incident response and threat intelligence capabilities. You will be responsible for managing the reporting, investigation, and resolution of data security incidents. You will also provide guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of data and information and ensuring compliance with regulations and privacy laws. Reports to: Director, Information Security and Deputy CISO
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead security incidents in a cross-functional collaboration environment driving towards incident resolution
- Develop IR initiatives that improve our capabilities to respond and remediate security events faster
- Identify, develop, and articulate the most important missions for your teams
- Report on security incident performance and risk indicator metrics
- Prioritize the most important work for your teams
- Identify and track key performance metrics for the team; use these metrics to find new ways of working to improve sustainability for your team and improve security incident response and remediation closures rates
- Lead and foster innovation within the Security Incident Response team, drive key decisions and focus on customer outcomes
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance that will foster the attraction, development, and retention of security analysts
- Mentor team members and coach them to continue to scale in our high-growth environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of information security experience and experience leading a team with a deep passion for security incident response
- 3+ years of experience identifying and remediating information security risks as part of a vulnerability assessment and remediation programs.
- Knowledge of security standards/frameworks, i.e., ISO 27001, SSAE-18, NIST, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, e.g., HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, etc.
- Successful track record of helping to implement security initiatives and frameworks in a flexible, non-dogmatic manner
- Ability to understand technical issues teams typically face and act as a player/coach for blocker removal
- A collaborative approach to decision-making, ability to influence without direct line of reporting