Manager, Security Incident Response at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
In this role, you will lead the incident response information security team building and improving our incident response and threat intelligence capabilities. You will be responsible for managing the reporting, investigation, and resolution of data security incidents. You will also provide guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of data and information and ensuring compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
Reports To: Director, Information Security and Deputy CISO
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead security incidents in a cross-functional collaboration environment driving towards incident resolution
- Develop IR initiatives that improve our capabilities to respond and remediate security events faster Identify, develop, and articulate the most important missions for your teams
- Report on security incident performance and risk indicator metrics
- Prioritize the most important work for your teams Identify and track key performance metrics for the team; use these metrics to find new ways of working to improve sustainability for your team and improve security incident response and remediation closures rates Lead and foster innovation within the Security Incident Response team, drive key decisions and focus on customer outcomes
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance that will foster the attraction, development, and retention of security analysts
- Mentor team members and coach them to continue to scale in our high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of information security experience and experience leading a team with a deep passion for security incident response
- 3+ years of experience identifying and remediating information security risks as part of a vulnerability assessment and remediation programs.
- Knowledge of security standards/frameworks, i.e., ISO 27001, SSAE-18, NIST, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, e.g., HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, etc. Successful track record of helping to implement security initiatives and frameworks in a flexible, non-dogmatic manner
- Ability to understand technical issues teams typically face and act as a player/coach for blocker removal
- A collaborative approach to decision-making, ability to influence without direct line of reporting
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.