Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
As the Manager, Servicing Operations you will oversee three interrelated critical back office functions, Complaints, Resolutions and Credit Reporting, in support of servicing multiple financial products across multiple partners.
The Complaints and Resolutions team is responsible for the investigation, processing, and response to escalated customer inquiries from our contact center interactions for loan and card products. Coverage areas include refund requests, fee waiver requests, payment and payoff inquiries, SCRA relief, identity theft claims, bankruptcy processing, customer consent updates and more. You will ensure that requests from numerous queues are handled properly, in a timely fashion, while maintaining superb levels of customer service and an elevated sensitivity to regulatory risk.
The Credit Reporting team is responsible for all aspects of Credit Reporting, including Metro II file generation and submission, data validations, as well as investigation and response to credit reporting disputes received both directly (via phone, chat, email or letter) and indirectly through the e-Oscar platform. In this role you are responsible for compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), ensuring credit reporting is fair and accurate for all customers at all points in their life cycle.
You will be responsible for identifying, escalating, and resolving areas of risk related to both functions and servicing in general. You will work closely with various business units including Operations Strategy, Legal, Compliance, and technology teams.
What you do at Avant:
- Ensuring the team responds to all customer inquiries within predetermined response times (SLA, KPI)
- Accurately generate the Metro II file including timely submission
- Respond to all indirect and direct credit reporting disputes on-time and accurately
- Maintaining efficient distribution of work across team members
- Identifying areas for automation, business process improvement, and efficiency gains
- Optimization of numerous workstreams and queues across multiple platforms
- Create and assist in writing project specifications for developers that lead to efficiency gains and reductions in risk
- Conducting root cause and scope analysis on issues escalated from Operations
- Write and or assist in the creation and regular maintenance of detailed procedural SOPs
- Awareness of relevant regulations including but not limited to TILA, TCPA, FCRA, FACTA, FCBA, CDIA, CRRG, Dodd-Frank Act, FDCPA, ECOA, SCRA, UDAAP, and BSA
- Track and manage the performance of all teams including conducting performance reviews
- Participate and respond to regulatory, examinations, audits, and due diligence inquiries
- Generate regular reporting against productivity expectations, and exposing areas of risk or potential value add
- Taking on additional projects and duties as needed
Why you're a fit for Avant:
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Ability to handle and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Understand the objectives of the department and how they interact with other business units
- Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations including but not limited to FCRA, CRRG, CDIA
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills
- Ability to recognize areas of risk, analyze scope, and prioritize remediation
- Self-confidence, critical thinking, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to set goals and evaluate employee performance against those goals
- Beginner SQL skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Functional knowledge of the e-OSCAR system
- Exposure to business intelligence platforms
- Exposure to and knowledge of financial regulatory risks
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly based on evolving expectations and process updates
- Intermediate+ Excel and SQL skills
- Experience in the near-prime credit sector
- Ability to interpret data
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.