Manager - Smart Grid Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
We have over 800 people nationwide, and recently built out a beautiful downtown Los Angeles office. We are expanding our strong Energy & Utilities practice in the West and are looking for talented consultants to join our team. From day one at West Monroe, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for an individual with strong Utilities industry consulting and/or project management skills to solve problems for, and form relationships with, our utility clients. You thrive on working on a small, close-knit team; both on client site and in our office to build our fantastic “people first” culture.
What will you be doing?
- Establish and/or lead a program management office (PMO) for utility clients undertaking complex, transformational programs.
- Acts as or supports the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on large engagements.
- Lead business process workshops with client personnel to develop business process documentation deliverables including requirements, process maps and key performance indicators for smart grid related processes (e.g. meter-to-cash).
- Perform change management assessments for utility clients that are planning or implementing large transformational programs related to smart meters and/or smart grid including training, organizational design, and communications elements.
- Manage and/or participate in a team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants.
- Contribute to the Energy & Utilities Smart Grid consulting practice (methodologies, service offerings, team development), and drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
- Be able to contribute to the developing and growing WMP's New York office from a business development, Energy and Utilities practice and culture perspective.
- Promote thought leadership in emerging technologies from partnerships to go-to-market offerings, to strategy, to design and implementation.
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter expert.
- Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects.
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
- Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 80%
- 8 – 12 years of work experience with minimum five years of professional services consulting experience
- Minimum six years of work experience within the Energy & Utilities industry and at least three years of smart grid experience
- Demonstrated expertise within Business Process Optimization (BPO) and Organizational Change Management (OCM) functional areas
- Deep knowledge of and direct experience with Smart Grid / Smart Meter solutions
- Prior experience managing a team of professional services consultants in a project environment
- Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the year annually
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your consulting muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you.Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.