Manager, Store Planning - Concept Development at Walgreens
Walgreens Concept Development Team
It’s an exciting time at Walgreens to test new partnerships and pilot various formats with the Concept Development Team! We are solely focused on evolving our customer experience by bringing to life new partnerships and innovation within our physical store environment. We embrace new ways to look at the whole box with Brand values in our hearts and challenge convention with the customer always front of mind. We do small scale, fast-paced pilots, with a promise to put forth design innovation that can move seamlessly to scale.
Check out this link: https://vimeo.com/285843596/175790dedb
- A motivated, emerging thought leader and creative thinker.
- Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve, keep learning, go faster, go smarter, think more collaboratively.
- A designer at heart, with growing experience in planning and design.
- Focused on the details that matter, with a goal to get it right the first time and limit impact to our customers.
- Agile and responsive to changing business environments and work priorities.
- Push the limits of change for customers
- Juggle multiple projects at a time
- Propose groundbreaking, never tried before, industry-leading design solutions
- Interface with leadership with strong executive presence and communication skills
- Continually create, iterate on and challenge conceptual layouts and scopes of work, while asking “what if” in our evolving customer experience
- Foster team camaraderie
- Excel in a less structured environment
Mgr, Store Planning
- Lead the design process by executing and evolving standards, tools and processes to ensure the design goals are met.
- Collaborate with the larger creative team to bring our designs to life.
- Act as the design lead for the planning, scoping and creation of solutions to bring life to key strategies in our stores.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to external architectural consultants.
- Develop knowledge of company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Travel to experience work come to life and observe customer responses, collaborate with field operations on identifying wins and potential improvements.
- Coordinates creative solutions across multiple departments and areas of expertise.
- Bring deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise. Anticipate emerging trends and facilitate evaluation to organization.
- Performs all aspects of conceptual design, including space planning, interior elevations, adaption of finish materials, and application of brand and design guidelines.
- Responsible for executing the design direction through the development of project Scope of Work for site specific retail and non retail projects, adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request, and communicates deviations, in alignment with Company business objectives.
- Works cross-functionally to assure designs are within budget and best represent the brand identity.
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to assure site specific quality control and provides continuously feedback to Store Development team.
- Adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request to the site specific Scope of Work.
- Manages project through the development of the Scope of Work to align with Company business objectives.
- Reports on progress and using lessons learned and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into new projects and provide feedback to the Company Unified Design Standards
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of design professionals retained for the design of the Scope of Work in compliance with Company Unified Design Standards and goals.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 9000+ drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.