Manager- Strategic Partner Governance-VMO at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
The Relationship Manager, Vendor Management Office (VMO) is responsible for relationship management with assigned McDonald's portfolio of providers. Leads the portfolio management for Global Technology assigned providers and oversees the efficiency of the VMO within Global Technology.
This role works closely with Global Technology teams to run existing and establish new provider relationships to assist delivering Global Technology initiatives to McDonald’s US and Global markets. Responsible for the full provider lifecycle from identifying, negotiating, on-boarding, managing provider’s performance, via a structured governance process and, as required, off-boarding. Collaborates with other members of the VMO, Global Technology, global project leads, product leads, senior management and our providers.
The Provider Relationship Manager will act as a domain expert and advocate for McDonald’s Global Technology and liaise with corporate procurement, legal and business partners in representing McDonald’s objectives in any contract negotiations.
- Manager level position responsible for overall success of provider relationship(s)
- Supports Global Technology VMO’s portfolio management program of provider(s)
- Takes the lead relationship role in working with assigned service provider(s)
- Serve as a subject matter expert to stakeholders, corporate procurement and legal to obtain their assistance in contract-related activities
- Provide transparency on and interpretations of contractual obligations to McDonald’s personnel, including contract education and awareness.
- Facilitate timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize impact of service disruptions to McDonald’s Global Technology and business partners
- Facilitates the engagement of key executives in the governance processes for providers, including the facilitation of key decisions related to agreements
- Executes provider program and risk management strategies on behalf of McDonald’s
- Key Responsibilities:
- Identifying, negotiating, and on-boarding new suppliers
- Executing contractual changes with engagement from key stakeholders
- Leading development/reporting of the provider scorecard (Executive, Functional, Operational reporting)
- Managing critical disputes, involving appropriate executives and key partners as appropriate
- Monitoring performance of contracts against performance indicators to ensure all obligations under agreements are being met
- Ensuring partners understand our contractual obligations and monitors our compliance to them
- Handling the contract benchmarking and renewal process while engaging with stakeholders
- Reviewing, validating and approving provider invoices to ensure they are aligned with contract terms/conditions
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
- 5+ years’ experience in IT/Technology related provider management working with large scale providers & negotiating provider contracts
- Project management experience
- Good conceptual thinking with ability to communicate complex issues and information to all levels of the organization.
- The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
- Creative thinker who thrives on negotiating, closing and maintaining provider agreements with specific experience in closing/handling large-scale contracts
- Experience presenting to stakeholders and management
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills; team-oriented, collaborative leadership skills and ability to lead colleagues informally
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must be a great teammate and able to remain focused under pressure
- Strong prioritization skills
- Adaptable and flexible whilst working in a busy global virtual team
- Bachelor Degree is preferred – IT or related discipline
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.