Manager, Supply Chain (Mergers and Acquisitions Focus) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a consulting professional with prior experience in and a strong passion for supply chain operations and Mergers and Acquisitions to join our Chicago or Dallas office and national Operations Excellence practice. Our practice serves an array of interesting and exciting Private Equity and Corporate Strategic clients across the nation.
As a Manager in our Operations Excellence practice, you will serve Private Equity and Strategic clients with a focus on consumer brands and distributors and to a lesser extent, industrial manufacturers across the transaction life-cycle – from platform acquisitions to mergers/integrations to corporate divestiture/carve-out transactions and post-close margin and working capital improvement projects, with a focus on pre-close supply chain operations due diligence.
In addition to client delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development (hunting new clients and building relationship with existing), along with contributing to internal practice development and leadership.
Managers within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
• Lead teams serving Private Equity and Corporate Strategic buyers while demonstrating advisory capabilities with high level client counterparts such as COOs, CFOs, S/E/VPs of Operations/Supply Chain
• Contribute to fast-paced supply chain operations due diligence engagements for Private Equity clients, with an ability to evaluate the S&OP, inventory management, sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, distribution and/or logistics operations of a business and identify compliance, revenue, margin and growth risks and opportunities
• Evaluate and recommend initiatives to improve Target supply chain organizations and operations to support our clients’ investment theses
• Play a key role in supply chain planning, strategy, and post-close engagements in complex transactions (post-merger integration and carve-out/divestitures)
• Interface with all levels of business and operations leadership at clients
• Build data-driven methodologies and assets for evaluating consumer, industrial and distribution businesses in a due diligence capacity, and manage related internal initiatives
• Enhance analysis and presentation frameworks used in supply chain operations due diligence and supply chain advisory engagements
• Collaborate with a team of supply chain operations, application specialists and infrastructure/security architects and consultants in order to elevate the supply chain advisory capabilities of the M&A team
• Actively participate in the performance management process
• Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
• Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
• Support opportunities to provide prospects and clients with post-close supply chain advisory for middle-market technology businesses; collaborate with practice partners to support these opportunities
• Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
• Understand client investment needs/constraints and help tailor proposals appropriately to meet their needs
• Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
• Bachelor's or MS/MBA degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required (Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Operations, CS)
• Minimum of 5-7+ years participating in team-based, client-facing management or supply chain consulting or supply chain M&A experience at corporate strategic client or equivalent supply chain functional experience in an operating company
• Blend of prior industry operations and consulting experience is preferred
• Experience in a M&A-centric role, preferably with Private Equity investors
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience managing client relationships
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience
• Strong communication skills to be able to work with C-level clients
• Ability to travel up to 50%; Travel is short term (2-3 days on-site per diligence project, 50-75% during post-close carve-out or margin/working capital improvement project execution)
• Ability to work permanently in the United States without limitation
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.