Manager - US Franchising
Are you ready to make an exciting next move in your career? Do you want to make a difference and not just make a living? Do you desire to have an impact on the future of Franchising in a world-class organization? If so, apply now as your first step towards joining one the most dynamic and innovative teams in the business today.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 36,000 locations in over 100 countries. Our U.S. business includes:
- Home office headquarters located in Chicago, IL
- Ten field offices located across the country, supporting our employees, brand and more than 14,000 restaurants ran by McDonald's and our franchisees
At McDonald's, it's our mission to offer you dynamic careers for a variety of business functions including, but not limited to positions working in:
- Human Resources
- Learning & Development
- Consumer Business Insights
We believe that a career here is an opportunity to be the best at what you do in a supportive environment where you are valued and respected. We are dedicated to building a committed workplace that rewards and recognizes you for your loyal contribution and supporting you by offering growth and advancement opportunities. We believe the best people in the world work right here.
Our U.S. Home Office has an exciting opportunity for you to excel as a Manager, U.S. Franchising on the U.S. Strategic Franchising team. You will support two of our 10 field offices, reporting to the Senior Director of Field Franchise Team. You should expect approximately 50% domestic travel. Field Office assignment is flexible, and will be influenced by your current residency.
The U.S. Franchising Strategy department’s primary purpose is to align the McDonald’s system to have the right franchisees in the right restaurants in order to improve:
- Company and owner/operator profitability
- Customer satisfaction
This occurs through three primary functions:
- Executing the new term franchise process
- Selecting & developing new franchisees
- Executing strategic franchising plans
As part of this department, you will work closely with all disciplines across the company as well as with Senior Leadership acting as a trusted advisor, valued partner and strategic thinker for key franchising decisions.
Key customers include the following:
- Field Vice Presidents
- Operations Officers
- Field Finance
- U.S. Franchising Strategy Staff
In addition to quickly developing a strong understanding of McDonald’s franchising policies and procedures, principal accountabilities are, but not restricted to:
- Planning and facilitating Quarterly Strategic and Monthly Execution Franchise Planning meetings with each Field Office.
- Facilitating the development and ongoing execution of the Field Office long-term Franchising plans.
- Providing input into the process for approving franchisees and documenting franchise transactions.
- Providing franchising expertise and analysis to U.S. Franchising Strategy Vice President and Senior Director to guide decisions having franchising implications.
- Working with Field Office to monitor owner/operators’ continued eligibility status throughout existing franchise term.
Consulting-Leveraging and Influencing Resources
- Providing to Field Offices, education and guidance with regard to application and administration of Franchising principles, policies, and guidelines
- Supporting the U.S. Franchising Strategy’s participation in addressing cross-functional U.S. business issues
- Consulting to Field Office management on franchising issues and decisions
- Supporting SBO process, from providing sellers package to post-SBO follow-up
- Coordinating with Rewrite Team on all changes of new term throughout the Zone
- Supporting Rewrite Team in preparing Rewrite analysis, packages information and collaborates with partners/stakeholders in advance of meetings with Field Offices and Home office Leadership
- Partnering with Business Review COE in Filed Office execution of Business Reviews
- Working with Region/Field Service on tracking conditions (rewrite, SBO, Business Review)
- Identifying and surfacing opportunities to improve processes
- Coordinating Field Execution of Candidate Training with National Candidate Team and Field Office (Next Gen and Registered Applicant Program)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience working with Franchised restaurant organization’s operations, franchising policies, or related area(s)
- 5+ years’ experience leading, collaborating, influencing and working with multi-disciplined teams
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of McDonald’s operations & franchising policies preferred
- High level of strategic focus, perspective and tactical ability to deliver results
- Proven written and verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience articulating and presenting issues and solutions
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite