Managing Director, Americas - Morningstar Investment Management at Morningstar
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group (MIM) is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles to deliver great long-term investment results and help investors reach their financial goals. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection, and portfolio construction to create world-class investment strategies built on Morningstar’s research. The group specializes in multi-asset investing, using building blocks in equities, fixed-income, and alternative investments to construct robust portfolios. Through our investment offerings, we support financial advisors, institutions, and the investors they serve.
The Role: Morningstar Investment Management is seeking a high performing executive with a passion for driving a successful sales and distribution organization to drive revenue growth. The successful candidate will have deep sales experience and a track record of rising above challenges to deliver exceptional sales results. This individual will possess strong business acumen and extensive knowledge of the retail wealth management, advisory services and asset management industries. The candidate must have a proven track record of developing and leading teams. The position reports to the President of the Investment Management Group and is based in our Chicago office.
Responsibilities: The role is primarily responsible for evolving and implementing the distribution strategy across the Americas region to be able to exceed the net flow targets. This will include driving revenue for new product launches, increasing the number of likeminded advisors and increasing wallet share across the aligned advisors through leading and managing the Americas sales, distribution, national accounts and portfolio specialists.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the advisor distribution team to grow revenue, exceed net asset flow targets and increase wallet share with likeminded advisors
- Determine territories, incentive plans and selling systems to execute the revenue and net flow targets across the Americas Distribution, Sales and National Accounts teams
- Lead and manage the National Accounts team to drive high returning revenue activity key national accounts including Broker Dealers, third party platforms and large RIAs
- Lead and manage the institutional sales team to identify new Broker Dealer, platforms and large RIAs to provide access for the Distribution team to identify and recruit high potential likeminded advisors
- Lead and manage the Portfolio Specialists to support the Sales, Distribution and National Accounts team to recruit high potential advisors and deepen relationships with tier 1 likeminded advisors
- Partnering with marketing to drive demand generation to identify and recruit high potential financial advisors with high quality, cost effective lead generation and recruitment
- Partner with product, investments and marketing to execute high quality events to engage with likeminded advisors and recruit high potential advisors
- Collaborate with Americas Leadership team to support market research, to identify trends and competitive advantages and then translate those into an effective product roadmap
- Own the revenue projections across the Americas region, contributing to the P&L and budgeting process
- Assist in the preparation of regional P&L and cost budgets, as well as supporting revenue generation planning for internal business cases for new development initiatives
- Leverage industry and competitor knowledge across regions to build bridges between our global clients
- Demonstrable track record of leading successful sales teams distributing to financial advisors
- Strong sales and distribution leadership and management experience
- Excellent knowledge of the North American financial services industry
- Superior business judgment; exceptional analytical, planning, decision-making and management skills; and exemplary communication and presentation abilities
- Excellent knowledge of product providers, distributors, manufacturers and competitive environment
- The candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar’s core values.
- 15+ years of business experience in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials; MBA highly desired.