Manger, Market Operations
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We’re looking for an exceptionally analytical operations leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to join the Market Operations team. You’ll be responsible for running markets within your region with direct oversight of the growth and health of the business. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub is a dynamic, rapidly growing business; we foster a culture of scrappy entrepreneurs. Learning and improving are core to our execution. In addition, you must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows or the context changes.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive growth and profitability in the business by ruthlessly managing the P&L; understand the key business levers and effectively execute them.
- Analyze trends and underlying issues within the business; you should be well versed the mechanics of a three-sided marketplace and the different ways to spur growth on all sides. You'll be responsible for solving problems; diagnosing issues in a data-driven manner, identifying the root cause and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing to ensure that we’re pacing ahead of targets
- Network within your market by building and strengthening relationships with strategic restaurants, corporate clients, and drivers; these are key constituents in our marketplace and important to our growth.
- Work closely with Senior Market Operations Leadership to identify opportunities and deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations.
You Should Have
- 5+ yrs. of relevant work experience in operations/strategy/business development/P&L responsibilities of growing a business. You think like an owner, determined at every level to get the hard work done
- Passion to understand new things and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
- Manages customer service experience: friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, you understand a collective effort creates a better experience internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analysis (must be very savvy in excel)
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.