Market Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive growth and profitability in the business by ruthlessly managing the P&L; understand the key business levers and effectively execute them.
- Analyze trends and underlying issues within the business; you should be well versed the mechanics of a three-sided marketplace and the different ways to spur growth on all sides. You'll be responsible for solving problems; diagnosing issues in a data-driven manner, identifying the root cause and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing to ensure that we’re pacing ahead of targets
- Network within your market by building and strengthening relationships with strategic restaurants, corporate clients, and drivers; these are key constituents in our marketplace and important to our growth.
- Work closely with Senior Market Operations Leadership to identify opportunities and deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations.
You Should Have
- 5+ yrs. of relevant work experience in operations/strategy/business development/P&L responsibilities of growing a business. You think like an owner, determined at every level to get the hard work done
- Passion to understand new things and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
- Manages customer service experience: friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, you understand a collective effort creates a better experience internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analysis (must be very savvy in excel)
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.