Mgr, Ecomm Merchandising, Zoro at Zoro
Ecommerce Merchandising Manager (Zoro.com)
Location: Buffalo Grove
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
Working closely with the Sr. Manager of Searchandising, this role will execute merchandising and on-site customer experience improvements across a large product assortment on Zoro.com.
The Manager of Ecommerce Merchandising is responsible for developing and executing onsite category merchandising and customer experience strategies for 4 key categories that represent approximately $30M-$70M revenue/year.
- Develop category growth roadmap and execute strategic customer-experience enhancements
- Serve as the Category Subject Matter Expert and demonstrate deep category knowledge in 1) Shopping Behavior 2) Customer Insights and 3 )Product Knowledge
- Optimize product findability allowing customers to effectively and quickly search and navigate to the right product on Zoro.com
- Collaborate cross-functionally to optimize product assortment, develop paid search landing strategies and customer vertical experiences
- Increase key category metrics including: add-to-cart, conversion, revenue, lines per order, LTV and AOV by using customer analytics to test and improve on-site merchandising, product taxonomies, onsite navigation and category search experience
- The role reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Searchandising and will have no direct reports
- Develop category level strategy and framework, to grow product category performance including: optimized product presentations, navigational hierarchy, attribute facets, onsite search relevancy, competitive research and deep understanding of customer category buying behaviors
- Drive personalization through enhancing recommendation strategies, feeding relevant accessory and cross-sell data as well as executing recommendation tool tests
- Develop and report quarterly on category performance including actual vs. goal, tactic & strategy execution, analytic insights and key action items
- Lead content optimization efforts by working closely with Specialists and Content Teams
- Optimize the navigation experience including: conducting user and competitive research, implementing tests, analyzing shopping behavior and executing hierarchy changes
- Optimize the search experience by monitoring category search trends and performance, improve product data to bring back most relevant results, merchandise result sets including re-directs and biasing as well as manage facet display
- Consistently collaborate with teams across the organization to grow category including but not limited to: Product, UX/UI, Analytics, IT, Pricing and Acquisition
- Regularly present company-wide and to leadership on category insights, performance and lessons learned
- Manage key Zoro projects and initiatives by coordinating stakeholders, keeping projects moving and driving follow-through from start to completion
- Merchandise primary and enhanced content based on tiered prioritization including images, videos, product reviews and buying guides
- Marry customer needs with online/eCommerce category merchandising best practices, and help define best in class customer/category online experiences through constant test/learn/optimize strategies
Drives Customer Experience:
- Enhance the customer experience by improving how customers find and buy products from a prioritized set of revenue driving categories
- Drive Sales, conversion, and AOV by improving the presentation of products across the customer’s onsite experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 yrs. experience in eCommerce merchandising or on-site product ownership
- Advanced knowledge of creating custom reports in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or Site Catalyst
- Advanced knowledge of product information management systems (PIM) and content management systems (CMS)
- Strong drive and determination to see projects through from concept to execution Curious mindset with a strong desire to find new ways to improve the customer experience, ask though provoking questions and challenge the status quo
- Strong working knowledge in applying data to drive strategies and business decisions
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession
- Advanced, holistic knowledge of ecommerce environment
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.