Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Principal Operations Strategy
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Principal Operations Strategy role supports home loan origination activities with a focus on the Underwriting and Closing processes to drive improved quality of production, customer experience, lower cycle times, and compliance with relevant policies and regulations. The position is a critical interface with field operations and works with technology, corporate risk and compliance functions to ensure seamless implementation of change initiatives. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who thinks strategically, and can drive change through thoughtful planning, collaboration, and negotiation.
- Be the process owner for underwriting activities, including:
- Identify related process enhancement opportunities.
- Coordinate with Field Operations, internal Customer Experience and Incident Management teams to resolve and diagnose root causes of unexpected issues and incorporate lessons learned into ongoing processes.
- Establish and execute detective and preventative controls to ensure a compliant and well-functioning operation.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of policies, procedures, process maps, control descriptions, systems development requirements, and training materials related to assigned processes.
- Lead change management initiatives, advise in system and process design, user-acceptance testing, and post-implementation validation, and address any post-change incidents.
- Ensures that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented.
- Administer loan file issue resolution and correction; develop process workarounds to ensure continuous production, compliance with policy and regulations, and minimization of risk.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 8+ years of years in mortgage underwriting strategy
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of work experience
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Proven subject matter expert or leader in mortgage underwriting
- 10+ years of Mortgage experience
- Proven experience with process improvement, DMS, project management, process management and performance management.
- Success in driving automation and process improvement initiatives in operations
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.