National Events Manager
National Events Manager
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a National Events Manager. You’re a multi-tasking, detail oriented leader who can execute any project from start to finish without missing a beat. You’re comfortable running a team that has a reputation for being rock stars in our field. There’s lots to do around here and you love getting the job done right - the bar is set high and you like it that way. You have exceptional communication and time management skills, like to think outside the box, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are young, have tons of energy and we love what we do – get people great priced mortgages and wow them with our impeccable customer service. Also, our location rocks – right off the brown line. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $25 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day with wifi, two bars, music, grills, fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc.. And you’ll play a role in making the fun happen!
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
So what do we want from you?
- Strong leadership is a must–you’ll be overseeing a small team of event coordinators and will organize and prioritize team workload.
- Ability and drive to push the team to continue to improve, grow and evolve by managing event counts, stats, personnel and incorporating feedback into everyday use
- Negotiations skills that can’t be beat. We want the best deal we can get for every budget.
- Impeccable customer service – you’ll be interacting with hundreds of Loan Officers across the US to help execute their perfect event.
- We like to be organized and you should too – maybe even a bit OCD.
- Manage development – from start to finish - of all requested events. From venue research to contract negotiations to invites, we do it all.
- Patience and a positive attitude. Our company is rapidly growing so we have a constant influx of new LO’s; we want to make sure we are here to answer any questions, brainstorm cool event ideas and help them grow their business using our team.
- Attention to detail. You’ll be juggling many events of all sizes at different parts of the planning process.
- Roll with it – be super flexible and lend a hand
- Be our main point of contact for all events related questions, comments and concerns
- Love developing relationships and understand it’s a vital part of your role – not just a peripheral skill.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- We prefer 2 years of experience in a similar managerial role, but if you’ve got what it takes then come wow us.
- Can give and take direction like a pro
- A diverse background in Events – our team handles everything from small dining events to rooftop parties to large scale rock shows and anything in between
- You have a Bachelor degree in an Events related field
- Organized. Organized. Did we mention organized?
- Team player – you have to be willing to get your hands dirty.
- You’re professional. You’re proactive. You’re resourceful.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Who is Guaranteed Rate?
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Guaranteed Rate was ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide’s “Top Mortgage Lenders 2013” honors, and was recognized by Inc. magazine as the No. 4 private company job creator in the U.S. in 2013. Visit www.guaranteedrate.com for more information.