Netsuite Technical Lead, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 4 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Technical Lead will partner with Software Engineering, Finance, Customer Service, and IT leaders to ensure applications align with Zoro business objectives. The responsibilities will include being a technical advisor and managing tasks specific to the development and administration of our NetSuite software-as-a-service application. The position will require a quick understanding of Zoro’s unique operations. This role will require hands-on NetSuite administration and development as well as mentoring staff, providing software development and technical support, and playing a key role in addressing both current and projected application needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage ongoing NetSuite system administration, development, and integration needs
- Primary technical support for overall NetSuite implementation, enhancements, and ongoing support
- Prioritize and manage assigned projects and daily tasks to best meet the organizations’ needs
- Assess software and system integration requests and provide recommendations that are cost-effective, scalable, and in alignment with the organization’s overall strategy
- Provide general support for software related “Help” requests and follow up with end-users
- Actively manage work submitted through JIRA or Samanage tools - providing Requestors with proactive progress updates, accurate level of effort estimates for project work, effective systems support, and timely resolution of issues/completion of work
- Oversee or assist in the preparation, implementation, and testing of software updates/patches and security enhancements
- Provide technical expertise to various Zoro departments, the leadership team, end-users, consultants, and/or vendors as needed
- Develop an understanding of Zoro’s departments to ensure technical support and development aligns with operational needs
- Mentor staff through effective leadership approach and relationship-building
- Develop and document operating procedures as they relate to software and system development, maintenance, or security
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate issues
- Ability to work with various levels of staff both technical and non-technical
- Other assigned tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 years of NetSuite software development and/or system administration experience
- 3 years’ experience with related application/system development and/or quality assurance testing
- Proven background in troubleshooting and technology support demonstrating the growth of technology skills and adaptability to new technology
- Experience developing and maintaining business applications
- Familiarity with cloud technology
- Leadership experience
- NetSuite Suitescripts 1.0 and 2.0 experience
- NetSuite Schedule and Map Reduce script knowledge
- SQL experience
- Jira and Samanage management
Other Abilities & Skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Ability to develop and influence innovation
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot & work independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
- Analysis, assessment, and evaluation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of staff and outside vendors
- Ability and desire to mentor staff, as well as to continue development of leadership skills
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.