Network Architect - CCIE at SDI Presence
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
A Network Architect can analyze, diagram, diagnose, design, and troubleshoot complex network environments with a focus on network security. A Network Architect has deep experience with critical/core network equipment and the ability to monitor system performance with a focus on scaling data center operations to meet organizational growth.
- Architect and lead the design / implementation of a robust, secure and scalable network as it relates to data center operations
- Assist in maintaining, configuring, installing and testing network architecture, design, hardware, and software; Includes but not limited to routers, switches, and firewalls
- Assist in monitoring, collecting and preparing statistical data for analysis on security monitoring, network performance, and availability (monitoring of network device logs, monitoring of port statistics)
- Document and diagram existing network environment(s), schematically depicting communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols. This may include creating new diagrams or updating existing diagrams
- Where necessary, provide guidance support and for rearchitecting network configurations based on industry best practice approaches
- Lead the design and support the implementation of network hardening tasks
- Perform day to day administration and operational functions of the network environment (depending upon the project assignment)
- Responsible for day-to-day level 3 problem troubleshooting and resolution of the networking environment (properly escalating problems when need arises)
- Provide network assistance to staff when required
- Assist other team members in executing various project tasks
- Ensure new software/products are implemented in accordance with client requirements and/or industry best practices
- Configure, test, implement, and troubleshoot data network systems to support all aspects of the daily operations
- Applicant should have a 4-year degree (or equivalent technical certifications)
- At least 15+ years of network related experience
- Certified CCIE (written/lab) is required
- Extensive hands on experience in a 5,000+ user environment with core switch experience, WAN experience, Enterprise workstations, Servers, Active Directory, and Group Policy Objects
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with network architecture and protocols
- Customer contact experience with demonstrated ability to provide superior support to external customers
- Experience working for a top tier consulting firm
- Drivers License is required
Experience with the following is preffered
- Multi-vendor Internetworking technologies (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Network and architecture protocols (including but not limited to TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, BGP)
- WAN technologies
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.