Network Architect, Consultant at West Monroe Partners
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people can make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines, partnering with clients to deliver innovative solutions in the most dynamic, complex industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Our Cloud & Infrastructure Practice is growing! We’re looking to add a Network Architect to the team to focus on serving clients with strategy, solution planning, designing, and engineering as it relates to deploying converged network and security infrastructures. From a planning perspective, you will work with clients to understand key business objectives and drivers. You will follow through with design network components to support those requirements and spearhead the development of a robust network and security architecture. Design involves working with clients and network hardware/service vendors to engineer the solution(s) based on client guidelines and compliant requirements. Building and deploying activities involve engineering and configuring various technologies/network components and migrating users/data to the new environment.
The ideal resource for this position would possess knowledge and hands-on implementation experience in network infrastructure and security solutions architecture, engineering, and deployment. They would possess strong project management and work planning skills, with the consultative ability to interact with client personnel at all levels.
- Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, while gathering and defining business and technical requirements.
- Perform assessments of existing client network infrastructures and document "as-is" environments.
- Collaborate face-to-face with clients and West Monroe Partners’ project teams to implement processes, procedures, and technology that support various technical & business functions.
- Organize project work into client presentations; outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives.
- Contribute to the practice by developing and improving reusable methodologies and solutions for client engagements.
- Plan, organize, and manage projects/workstreams, developing detailed network designs across the following areas:
- On-premise data (LAN, WAN, Data Center)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Network Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- Execute on-premise implementations for the following vendors/products:
- Cisco devices, Cisco IOS, ASA, Nexus, Meraki
- Juniper devices, Palo Alto, FortiGate, Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent
- Configure and engineer technology related to:
- Layer 2 switching (VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP)
- Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- QoS and Network Security (ACLs, NATs, IPsec VPNs, SSL remote access VPNs)
- Perform hybrid cloud network implementations – either using AWS VPCs – or using Azure VNETs via VPN and/or dedicated circuits (ExpressRoute or Direct Connect).
- Utilize network services to maximize efficiency, I.e. load balancers, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, DHCP, and network monitoring tools
- 3-10+ years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, administering, and supporting network solutions.
- At least 1 year of consulting experience is preferred.
- Associate-level certification accredited from a well-known vendor – CCNA, JNCIA, etc. – coupled with network management knowledge.
- Professional-level certs – CCNP, JNCIP, etc. – strongly preferred at Senior Consultant+ level.
- BS/BA degree with preference for major(s) in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Business, Math, or another related field.
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements, at least 50%.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your tech muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.