About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
We are looking for a Network Engineer to provide technical and architectural guidance and build solutions for our Corporate IT engineering team. You will design, build, and support all levels of connectivity between physical and cloud environments as well as supporting the connectivity of employees to various internal systems.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design and implement both LAN and WAN network systems and controls with a focus on branch and HQ office locations with a global footprint
- Responsible for configuration and support of Grubhub network infrastructure including physical and virtual routers, firewalls, switches, and wireless access points
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network issues while identifying areas of improvement to rectify any deficiencies or enhance performance
- Work with IT Support staff to provide support and troubleshooting for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community
- Capacity planning: analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develop capacity planning models
- Document and illustrate current network design and any proposed enhancements
- Disaster recovery: ensure planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met
- Remain current on new technologies and evaluate for value and improvements
- Manage and deploy monitoring to ensure availability of network and systems
- Travel up to 20 percent for office builds and projects
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of relevant network design and support experience
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting (IKE1/IKE2), SNMP
- Experience with implementing and supporting routing protocols in internal and external networks
- Experience configuring and supporting enterprise network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms, including advanced connectivity configuration and support
- Experience with configuring and support of load balancers
- Knowledge of SD-WAN (software-defined networking) concepts
- Experience with troubleshooting audio-visual systems and supporting protocols
- Vendor specification certifications, such as Fortinet, Cisco, Aruba, or Palo Alto a plus
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Strong network security design background
- Experience with deep packet analysis including tools used to obtain packet captures(Wireshark, tcpdump, other vendor-specific methods)
- Wireless design and implementation experience including spectrum analysis and access point placement
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.