About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Network Engineer is responsible for configuring, managing, and maintaining the range of networked services which support the Camelot business areas, including but not limited to the Corporate LAN & wireless, the Retail Network, the Interactive Channel (website) and our Contact Center. This role ensures network technology is optimized to support and enable business objectives.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line network support duties across all the business and technical areas, interactive and retailer networks and on-call after-hours 3rd line network support.
- Candidates will have the knowledge and skills to independently implement, operate, monitor and troubleshoot complex data center and cloud networks.
- Troubleshoot and undertake routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security to industry standard.
- Work closely with project delivery teams to contribute to project planning and deliver the technical capabilities required.
- Plan and implement designs that are passed over from the Architects.
- Collaborate with Security Architects and InfoSec Management to harden network security posture across the business.
- Analyze system performance and conduct essential system administration tasks.
- Work closely with the infrastructure teams to understand and provide network solutions to meet their requirements and develop and maintain new network solutions.
- Develop cross-functional working relationships with all relevant individuals and departments to share technical capability, ongoing plans and understanding evolving business requirements.
- Provide on-call technical support for business critical network functions out of normal business hours.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 plus years of network architecture and design related work experience.
- Routing and switching technologies/concepts experience.
- Experience using firewall technologies both on premise and in the cloud.
- Experience with network load balancer architecture (F5 for example).
- CCNA and/or CCNP certification.
- Meraki experience.
- Data Communications Technologies (e.g. MPLS, ADSL, 3G).
- SSL/Domain management.
- Internet Protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, TP, IPSec).
- Routing Protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP (v2), EIGRP).
- Irules – F5.
- VPN, VLAN, QoS , OTV and other network protocols.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network high availability techniques; VRRP, HSRP, GLBP.
- Voice solutions.
- Wide range experience managing and maintaining firewalls but with a strong preference on Palo Alto/Fortinet.
- F5 load balancers Viprion, BIG IP , GTM, LTM.
- WINS / DNS / DHCP / Multicast.
- Monitoring (e.g. Solarwinds, Cacti); Troubleshooting (e.g. Wireshark).
- Experience in capacity planning/management.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ISO-27001/SOC2.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.